NHS worker? Win your Wedding!
It's hard to put into words just how grateful we all are for our amazing NHS and the heroes who work within this caring environment every day, especially in these really challenging times. As a company we wanted to give back and after racking our minds on how we could say thankyou as a business, we had a brain wave...
what could be better than donating a wedding day to an NHS hero currently working on the front line!
Throughout the lockdown period caused by COVID-19 in 2020, RSE ran a competition for a couple to win their entire wedding day at Rugby School supported by our amazing team of suppliers making a complete wedding package on Thursday 18th February 2021.
From nearly 100 entries our winners drawn at random were Megan & Tristan and were informed about their win coincidentally the day before they were originally due to get married in May!
Both paramedics, the couple had been living in Gloucestershire, where their wedding should have taken place in a village hall in Painswick.
They now work on the front line in Coventry, and live in Hinckley, Leicestershire.
Tristan said he was now looking forward to what he called
our dream wedding.
He was off work for three weeks in March with Covid-19 and his fiancée lost her sense of smell, which is one of the symptoms of coronavirus.
Megan said: "Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to actually win."
We can't wait to welcome them to Rugby School and give them their dream day!
The prize included:
- Exclusive use of the splendid wedding facilities at Rugby School for a full day including a wedding ceremony for up to 50 guests.
- Glass of fizz and two canapes per person for your drinks reception after the ceremony
- Delicious two- course wedding meal followed by tea & coffee prepared by our award winning catering team, Chartwells.
- Glass of house wine per person to accompany your wedding breakfast
- Glass of fizz for the speeches and toasts
- Table linen, cutlery and crockery
Our fabulous local wedding suppliers are also providing:
- Five hours of photography on your special day from the amazing Ani Evans.
- Five hours of Videography by the talented Jamie Gray Photography
- Suave suits to keep for the Groom and Best Man from your choice of either Albie & Lonnie's or Salters of Rugby.
- £500 voucher towards your wedding dress from Florence Bridal OR 50% discount for a bridal gown from Ellia Pearl Bridal Boutique.
- 50% discount on a veil or headpiece of your choice from Ellia Pearl Bridal Boutique.
- Travel in style with Old Camper Company who has offered their beautiful boy ‘Hector’ 1966 VW Splitscreen Deluxe as your wedding transport for your special day. To include local pick up for the bridal party to Rugby School and a Champagne drive for the newly married couple post ceremony.
- 50 Chair covers with colour sash of your choice, table runners and top table and cake table swag from Make My Day Events
- Martina Paul from Wonderful Weddings as your celebrant (if required) and wedding planner on the day.
- Delicious two - tier cake with tasting from Claires Creative Bakes
- Cakes Fabulous Cakes and Claire's Creative Bakes will create a dessert table for your guests consisting of cake pops, macarons, brownies and cupcakes!
- Beautiful biscuit favours for your guests from Cakes Fabulous Cakes
- Decorative framed A3 seating plan from Unique Deesigns and 15% discount on any other stationery including invites, table numbers and place cards
- The Negatives cover band will learn and play your first dance choice followed by a set of cover music from the pop, soul, rock, indie and motown genres to get your evening party started!
- Infinity fine jewellery are offering 35% discount from their stunning engagement and wedding ring ranges.
- A personalised bespoke wooden or acrylic sign from Pastiche Events and up to £100 worth of items from their stock range to help style your day.
- Sweet or savoury evening canapes for up to 50 guests from the brilliant team at CVC Kitchen including an in-house menu consultation at Cafe Vin Cinq with a glass of prosecco each for the lucky couple.
- Pianist Jack Smith, for your drinks reception showcasing his incredible talent and playing classic songs with a contemporary twist
- 2 practice sessions for the Bride & wedding hair on the day for the Bride & the Brides Mother from the superb team at Bespoke Hairdressing. They will provide Prosecco on the day whilst you get ready & products to help to maintain the look on the day.
- White or Ivory Linen plain or patterned table linen with a choice of napkins from Rainbow Linen Hire.
- Make up package for the bride from Beth Hall MUA