BECOMING RUGBY’S PARTNER
Rugby is in the process of developing a family of Rugby schools around the world, following the successful establishment of Rugby Thailand, which opened in 2017, Rugby’s 450th anniversary year.
Founded in 1567 during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I, Rugby is one of the world’s most famous and successful co-educational boarding schools.
Rugbeians aspire to academic excellence and entry to the world’s leading universities within an educational environment where the development of the whole person is the whole point. Rugby enjoys an outstanding reputation for sport, music, drama, art and extra-curricular activities.
Rugby’s historic House system lies at the heart of its reputation for exceptional pastoral care. Rugbeians are educated under the care of their Housemaster or Housemistress. They dine in their Houses and are loyal to them, developing lifelong friendships during their time at Rugby and afterwards, as part of Rugby’s extensive alumni network.
Rugby’s famous alumni includes figures from the worlds of politics, literature, science, the arts and sport, including William Webb Ellis, the inventor of Rugby football, the poet Rupert Brooke and the author Anthony Horowitz.
Rugby has a successful track record of delivery: Rugby Thailand opened in 2017 on a striking 80-acre campus close to Bangkok and currently educates 600 pupils.
Rugby’s international arm, Rugby School International Limited (RSIL), works closely with its local partner to establish the feasibility of the new school and adapt our educational model to local market requirements. We then develop the school’s pre-opening plan and lead the process from contract to school opening.
RSIL will work with its local partners to deliver a range of pre-opening and post-opening services, including a programme of quality assurance in all its schools.
Pre-opening services include:
- Analysis of supply and demand drivers in local market
- Site selection, architectural design, fit-out requirements and interior design
- Financial modelling
- Curriculum design and implementation
- Assistance with marketing
- Appointment of the Head, Bursar and Admissions Registrar
- Recruitment of the teaching and key support staff
Post-opening services include:
- Granting the licence to use the Rugby School name, trademarks and intellectual property
- Oversight of Rugby’s school operating standards
- An annual inspection of the school in years when a third-party inspection is not taking place
- Assistance with accreditation by professional bodies
- Assistance with marketing, brand compliance and strategic decision-making
- Development of links with Rugby’s extensive network of alumni
Rugby produces the school’s academic plan, its educational brief, a detailed organisational structure and other pre-opening documentation. Once a new school opens, we work closely with its senior management team to provide support and guidance, a programme of senior leadership development, school monitoring and annual inspection against Rugby’s school operating standards.
Our overseas partners are responsible for school construction and on-going operations. Rugby is seeking well-established, credible organisations and individuals who share Rugby’s philosophy of developing the whole person.
For an initial discussion, please contact Ian McIntyre, Rugby’s International Development Director, here.