School Field, 2 Barby Road, Rugby, CV22 5DR
Tel: +44 (0) 1788 556 160 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE HOUSE
School Field, designed by George Gilbert Scott and built in 1852 overlooking the Close, became the first boarding House, apart from School House, actually to be owned by the School. It is also the House where Rupert Brooke lived as a child and took over from his father as Housemaster for a term. The House was redeveloped to change the accommodation available during 1997-98 and is being further redeveloped and modernised in the summer of 2014. School Field can accommodate up to 55 boys from the ages of 13-18. All boys have their own study bedroom from the day that they arrive into School Field. The house contains separate common rooms for the year groups as well as a mixed common room; these areas are equipped with TVs and a kitchenette each, and the boys use them to relax and socialise, away from the academic work that they fill their days with. The House is well-known for its sporting prowess, and its proximity to the Close and NBS maintains the high level of Rugby football and cricket played by the boys. The music schools and Macready Theatre are nearby and boys will often avail themselves of the chance to go and do extra music practice or to attend drama rehearsals. The Library is also close to the House, which finds itself in a central position within the School.
Mindy Dhanda has a BSc (Hons) in Chemistry from the University of Warwick, and joined the School in 2004. Initially a tutor in Rupert Brooke House, he then spent five years as Assistant Hm in that House, before moving on to become Assistant Hm in Sheriff from 2010 onwards. Mindy teaches Chemistry throughout the age groups and has spent eight years as Master ic hockey, overseeing the running of both the boys’ and girls’ hockey programmes. He has also been known to sing in the Choral Society, act (loosely speaking!) in School musicals and sing as part of a band or duet during the Arts Festival.
THE ASSISTANT HOUSEMISTRESS
Judy Jordan, the Ahm, joined the School in 2006. She teaches French and Italian to all ages and is also responsible for additional and mother tongue languages. She has spent seven years as tutor in Griffin and is part of the Arnold Foundation tutor team. She runs Social Service Visiting as part of the Thursday afternoon community service programme. She runs the Bliss Society. She sings with the Choral Society and plays the clarinet in the School Concert Band but only in the back row since this is a recent skill.