Music at Rugby School is exciting, diverse and of a remarkable standard. The department is renowned for its friendly, yet energetic and stimulating environment, offering a wide range of opportunities for all students and helping them to reach their full potential, whatever their musical aspirations are.
- All students are encouraged to enjoy making and appreciating music
- We have high expectations of our best musicians, who are carefully nurtured so as to attain an advanced level of skill
- We cater for all levels of ability, from beginner to post diploma performers
- Music includes instrumental and vocal study, aural and theory tuition, encouragement of sight-reading and sight-singing skills, chamber music, orchestral training, choral work, jazz and rock, music theatre, academic study, composition and music technology
- With a strong chapel tradition, Rugby School is well placed to cater for former cathedral and collegiate choristers who aspire to university organ and choral scholarships. Our choir broadcasts Choral Evensong on BBC Radio 3.
- Our orchestra, Rugby Youth Orchestra, regularly collaborates with Royal Birmingham Conservatoire’s LEAP Ensemble.
- Our top instrumentalists have the opportunity of performing as soloists alongside a professional orchestra at the annual Concerto Concert.
- Many students go on to study Music further with some gaining Oxbridge or other University Choral Scholarships and Music Conservatoire places
We now offer a Chorister Programme for boys and girls – please click here for more information