Chorister Experience Day
CHORISTER EXPERIENCE DAY – SUNDAY 7th NOVEMBER, 2021 AT 11.45 AM.
- Do you have a son or daughter who loves to sing?
- Have you ever considered entering them for a Choristership, but had no idea what was involved?
- The Chorister Experience Day gives children between the age of 6-11 the chance to be a chorister for the day.
- No previous experience is necessary, just a love of singing and an enthusiasm to be part of a successful team.
- Our visitors arrive at Bilton Grange Preparatory School late morning
- Parents will have a chance to meet key members of staff, have a tour of the School and receive a short presentation about what it means to be part of the Chorister Programme and a pupil at Bilton Grange Preparatory School.
- Meanwhile the children will enjoy some professional singing coaching, and explore a range of musical instruments, both from Rugby School’s Director of Music and other key music staff.
- They will then have tea and perhaps play games, before making the journey to Rugby School Chapel, where they will be joined by choristers from Rugby School and some professional adult singers for a rehearsal.
- Evensong starts at 5.30pm and we encourage parents to come and watch their children and meet other parents and staff members.
- After spending the ‘day’ with us, we shall contact parents to share further information about becoming a Chorister, including how to audition for a place.
- If you would like to book a place for your child, please contact Bilton Grange Admissions on 01788 818246 or email email@example.com
The Chorister Programme consists of a choir of girl Choristers and a choir of boy Choristers who sing separately alongside adult, professional singers in the Chapel at Rugby School. Choristers are able to join the programme in Years 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7, remaining until the age of 13. All Choristers attend Bilton Grange Preparatory School, where they receive a discounted education either as day or boarding pupils. Further means tested financial support can be provided. Choristers receive free tuition on two musical instruments in addition to their singing. They are able to participate in all of the extra-curricular activities that the School offers, including drama and sport. Choristers receive a first class academic and musical education and experience performing to the highest standards in the stunning Chapel of one of the UK’s most prestigious Schools. Choristers, who do not usually meet at weekends, allowing for quality family time, also take part in concerts, recordings, live broadcasts on the radio and television and international tours.